David Whitcomb's reflections on daily life, readings, viewings, hearings, and feelings, my dreams of things to come, and a hard and good dose of reality.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Social Security con't...

My good friend Danny just sent me a little email reminding me of the other purposes of Social Security... "I happened to be reading your post about becoming a corporation... so the question about social security. I am guessing that you are probably aware that social security doesn't only go to pay old people it also goes to pay widows, for instance the Barbatos would now be receiving social security since Michael passed away."

This is one of the reasons why I think it is good to pay social security tax. It doesn't just possibly help my spouse in the future or MAYBE my retirement, but puts funds in a system that supports people who need it. Ugh... no resolution.

On the upside, if I feel that I should pay more social security taxes, I could pay myself a higher salary which social security taxes would be taken out of. Clarification may be coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google