David Whitcomb's reflections on daily life, readings, viewings, hearings, and feelings, my dreams of things to come, and a hard and good dose of reality.

Friday, May 20, 2005

How did you get here and have you changed after reading?

So, through my web counter, I can see how people arrived at my page, and I think after seeing the links, blogging takes on a new life. The most frequent things people find are my critique of Easton Town Center, the Purpose Driven Life, and outlines for Neil Postman (I'm sorry I never finsished that if you search for Postman and end up here). So what is the big deal that people do google searches and my page comes up for something like easton town center?

Links to my thoughts:
Easton Town Center - Please read this, it is important
Purpose Driven Life

I hope and pray that after reading some of my critiques, it may challenge the readers to start making value judgements in every decision, and hopefully change some of their decisions. Is it good for me and for my neighbors and friends for places like Easton Town Center to exist (what value does this article have? What are the benefits and drawbacks?) ? Is the Purpose Driven Life enough to foster authentic spiritual growth that is not simply consumeristic, callow, and focused on the self?

I hope the pages have helped you and challenged you if you have found your way here.

Click the links and think hard about why these things and places are so darn popular in our era.

Peace,
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google